The Media and Communications Sectors are changing! Our client is already an established force in these exciting industries and is rising to the challenge by investing in a newly created ‘Online Team’. The new online team will meet voracious demand for: VoD content analysis, the assessment of the consumption of online content and its influence on the existing media and telecoms sectors, and perhaps crucially: the reduction of ‘out of control online harms’ -so heavily talked about by the media.
- Develop and implement a strategy for tracking key industry metrics and monitor market developments in the online sector.
- Lead the collection of online industry information and data and recommend ways of tracking and assessing the industry.
- Presenting your findings and analysis in such a way that it can be understood by all for accurate use in crucial decision making
- Identify and understand the strengths and limitations of your analysis and information sources and build relationships with information providers.
- Identify and understand the strengths, weaknesses and potential threats of information that is in the public domain relating internet firms and the like.
- Build relationships with internet firms, to develop and maintain an up-to-date understanding of the data they collect and the methodologies they use to analyse and use this data.
- Work with the market research team to ensure that the consumer research programme explores consumers’ use of, and attitudes towards, online services
- Keep abreast of industry developments in online including market structures, company strategies and technological developments.
- Keep abreast of the public policy landscape in relation to online regulation, including industry responses.
- Develop and foster online expertise by providing tailored insights on online trends and developments.
- Play a leading role in the scoping, analysis and drafting of strategic reports for key stakeholders
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Confident, motivated and a team player with the ability to build important relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise work on the basis of strategic outcomes
- Ability to manage projects and deliver and present results to key stakeholders
- Minimum of three years in the online sector, an internet firm or consultancy
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation experience
- Experience of assessment of the quality of data and information.
- Experience of producing high quality reports using analytics and insight
- Presenting complex information, data and metrics to non-specialist audiences
- Knowledge of the online sector in the UK and globally, including the business models that underpin the major internet platforms and an understanding of the technologies that are transforming the online and wider communications sector.
- Microsoft Excel, data visualisation tools and analysis
- Understanding key information available from online companies and third-party providers and their strengths and limitations.
Understanding of the strategic effect of regulatory intervention, commercial pressures and market behaviour for the online sector.